Theresa Grafenstine, Inspector General of the U.S. House of Representatives, Named Chair
Sydney, Australia (20 June 2017)—ISACA, an association advancing global business leaders in technology and innovation, installed its 2017-2018 Board of Directors at its Annual General Meeting. Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CPA, CISSP, CIA, CGMA, CGAP, inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, USA, who served as vice chair the previous term, was elected to lead ISACA’s board as chair.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to help lead the organisation that has provided me so much fulfilment,” said Grafenstine. “I am privileged to work with and on behalf of our global professional community to advance the positive potential of technology in the professions that we serve and society as a whole.”
Over the past 25 years, Grafenstine has served in the inspector general community in both the legislative and executive branches of the U.S. federal government. As the inspector general, she is responsible for planning and leading independent, non-partisan audits, advisories, and investigations of the financial and administrative functions of the House.
Prior to joining the House Office of Inspector General (OIG), Grafenstine was in the Department of Defence (DoD) OIG, where she led acquisition audits of major weapon systems and was selected to respond to high-profile Congressional audit requests.
Grafenstine has previously served on the ISACA board as vice chair and director. She has also contributed as an ISACA volunteer on the organisation’s Audit Committee, Finance Committee, Communities Committee and Relations Board. She is past president of the ISACA National Capital Area Chapter. Grafenstine also serves on the board of directors of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and as the audit committee chair of the Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
“Terry’s passion for ISACA, breadth of experience and dedication to our global professional community make her ideally suited to provide inspired leadership for our board and the entire organisation,” said ISACA CEO Matt Loeb, CGEIT, CAE, FASAE. “It is a privilege to work with her and the entire board as we advance our efforts to maximise ISACA’s impact, support the professions we globally serve, and deliver on the positive potential of technology.”
Also now serving ISACA’s Board of Directors, as vice-chair, is Robert Clyde, CISM, managing director of Clyde Consulting LLC. Clyde is an NACD Board Leadership Fellow and serves as executive chair of the board of directors for White Cloud Security, and executive advisor to HyTrust and BullGuard Software. He previously served as the CEO of Adaptive Computing and the CTO of Symantec.
In total, 13 individuals were installed on the 2017-2018 ISACA Board of Directors during the Saturday meeting in Chicago:
- Chair Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CPA, CISSP, CIA, CGMA, CGAP, chair of ISACA’s Board of Directors and the inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives (House) (USA)
- Vice Chair Robert Clyde, CISM, managing director of Clyde Consulting LLC (USA)
- Director Brennan P. Baybeck, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, vice president of Global IT Risk Management for Oracle Corporation (USA)
- Director Zubin Chagpar, CISA, CISM, PMP, head of Amazon Web Services’ public sector business in the Middle East and Africa (UK)
- Director Peter Christiaans, CISA, CISM, CRISC, PMP, is senior manager of Deloitte Consulting LLP (USA)
- Director Hironori Goto, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, ABCP, principal consultant of Five-I, LLC. (Japan)
- Director Michael Hughes, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, partner with Haines Watts (UK)
- Director Leonard Ong, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CPP, CFE, PMP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP ISSMP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CITBCM, GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCFA, associate director at Merck & Co., Inc. (Singapore)
- Director R.V. Raghu, CISA, CRISC, director of Versatilist Consulting India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Director Jo Stewart-Rattray, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, FACS CP, director of information security and IT assurance at BRM Holdich (Australia)
- Director Theodore H. Wolff, CISA, head of IT & Security Global Assurance practices in Vanguard’s Global IT & Security Risk and Control group (USA)
- Director Tichaona Zororo, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT 5 Certified Assessor, CIA, CRMA, IT advisory executive with EGIT | Enterprise Governance of IT (Pty) Ltd. (South Africa)
- Director Matt Loeb, CGEIT, CAE, FASAE, ISACA chief executive officer (USA)
Past chairs on the ISACA board include:
- Past Chair Chris Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, group director of Information Security for INTRALOT (Greece)
- Past Chair Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, principal research analyst, Infrastructure and Operations, with Forrester Research (USA)
- Past Chair Tony Hayes, CGEIT, AFCHSE, CHE, FACS, FCPA, FIIA, appointed Deputy Director-General of the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services in the Queensland Government (Australia)
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
Nearing its 50th year, ISACA® (isaca.org) is a global association helping individuals and enterprises achieve the positive potential of technology. Today’s world is powered by technology, and ISACA equips professionals with the knowledge, credentials, education and community to advance their careers and transform their organisations. ISACA leverages the expertise of its half-million engaged professionals in information and cyber security, governance, assurance, risk and innovation, as well as its enterprise performance subsidiary, CMMI® Institute, to help advance innovation through technology. ISACA has a presence in more than 188 countries, including more than 215 chapters and offices in both the United States and China.