The Security Exhibition and Conference 2014 is fast approaching with this year’s event to feature the latest security innovations entering the Asia-Pacific market and headlining speakers from Australia and the United States.
The expo is on at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from June 4-6 and is free to all industry professionals by registering at www.securityexpo.com.au
Security Solutions has these highlights of the three-day program.
Exhibition (Day 1-3):
From day one of the exhibition, local and international leading manufacturers and distributors in security products and technology innovation will be on the exhibition show floor showcasing the latest and greatest solutions available on the market. Guests of the exhibition will see some of the newest innovations in access control, intrusion detection, biometrics and IP networking relevant to a range of applications such as banks, airports, casinos and shopping malls.
Some of the exhibitors include:
- Central Security Distribution – www.centralsd.com.au
- Gallagher Security – security.gallagher.com
- Lilin Australia – www.meritlilin.com
- Pelco by Schneider Electric – www.pelco.com
New Product Showcase (Day 1-3):
The New Product Showcase provides visitors the chance to see 10 of the best security products to hit the Australian market in the last 12 months, including product demonstrations allowing visitors to walk away with hands on, practical product knowledge to use in their own business. One of the next-generation products on show will be Pelco’s Evolution 360-Degree Indoor Camera – an IP camera with a 5-megapixel sensor and no moving parts.
Security World (Day 1-3):
Security World was the most popular new initiative at last year’s event and is returning in 2014 to recreate real-world scenarios on the show floor with product demonstrations based on everyday situations including an airport, bank and car park, and including guided tours so visitors can see products in real-life situations.
Seminar series (Day 1-3):
Seminar day 1: Innovation Day
Innovation Day on day one of the seminar program will provide live product demonstrations in an informative setting allowing attendees to engage with the presenters as part of a Q&A.
- Pelco by Schnieder Electric
- LILIN Australia
Seminar day 2: Education Day
Education Day will feature a host of industry experts speaking on a range of security topics and contemporary issues, including:
- Security Solutions Editor and leading Australian security expert, John Bigelow, speaking on ‘ When Security And Technology Collide; and
- Head of Leda’s Research and Development Program, Heng Jiang Cheng, speaking on ‘Hostile Vehicle Mitigation’.
Seminar day 3: Recruitment Day
The third day of the seminar series will focus on hiring and recruitment in the security industry and is a must attend for anyone seeking professional development in the industry.
Other key highlights for the 2014 Security Exhibition & Conference include:
- The ASIAL Conference, featuring a renowned panel of local and international industry speakers, including MSS Security Managing Director, Mike McKinnon, G4S Secure Solutions Managing Director, Phil Law and Wilson Security General Manager, John Rogers.; and
- The opportunity to join industry leaders at social events, including a cocktail reception and gala dinner held in conjunction with ASIAL.